Monday, December 1, 2008

Mama's Sweet Rolls

I guess this is the format that the posts are in then. Great. So I've unfortunately left the recipe at home (I'm at work, duh) and yeah I'll just tantalize your taste buds with some pics. Apparently my great grandmother made these rolls and good old uncle Tony introduced them to me Easter 2007? Anyway, the rolls themselves are made up of
6 cups all purposed unbleached flour (I used bleached and they were still delicious)
a lot of butter (all told at least 2 sticks)
2 packets yeast
some brown sugar
2 eggs

I'll add recipe steps later. There is also a delicious brown sugar + butter topping that really puts these rolls over the top. The topping consists of
1 cup brown sugar
a stick of butter
1 tbsp karo syrup

(I will double check and confirm what the recipe calls for later)

Well, as I said this is mainly to show off how the rolls came out and to hope that all who tasted can vouch for their deliciousness (even when they were a couple days old). They really are best about 3-5 minutes after you put the topping on. They're still warm and the spirals just pull apart. Trust me, they're really damn good.

Before baking and topping:


After baking and topping:


Check out my other post to read up on no-knead bread progress.

Bone appaTIGHT

--Will

4 comments:

Katie said...

I've decided that sending me these pictures AGAIN in the form of a blog (on which, by the way, you sound ridiculous! bon appeTIGHT? Come on, leave this to peter) was really cruel, and until I taste them myself, I will ONLY vouch that uncle tony's sweet rolls are delicious. I don't know about yours.

I Like Your Folk said...

Will just eating three sticks of butter be as delicious?

Wilson said...

ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY. but don't forget the brown sugar on top.

right???

El Capitan said...

1. Kathleen: leave what to peter?
2. The sweet roll that I had was teh JAM. bon appe-fucking-delicious.